This confident and approachable person will help guide the customer experience and perform preventative and routine maintenance services at our service center.
To Be Successful in this Role:
Provide excellent customer service while managing and maintaining basic automotive services on customer vehicles. The Lube Technician position is responsible for performing routine maintenance on vehicles and speaking to customers about their vehicles. Arriving and clocking in with plenty of time. Always represent the company in an honorable and ethical manner on and off the time clock.
Position Reports To:
- Provide excellent customer service in a friendly, patient, and approachable attitude and demeanor
- Understand preventative vehicle maintenance
- Applying lubricants to the moving parts of vehicle engines to prevent premature engine wear and ensure optimal engine performance
- Lubricating wheel bearings to prevent excessive tire wear
- Performing engine cleanings to prevent rust formation
- Replacing cabin, fuel, air, and oil filters as required
- Performing tire rotations to ensure even tire wear
- Testing tire pressure and adding air as needed
- Thoroughly inspecting customers’ vehicles for oil leaks
- Notifying customers if a more detailed service is needed
- Ability to make recommendations for additional services based on initial vehicle inspections and individual vehicle needs
- Able to recommend making an appointment with our Master Mechanic Service Advisor when vehicle maintenance or servicing cannot be completed within scheduled time frames
- Opportunities for training/certifications for additional services
- Other duties as requested or assigned by management
Qualifications included but not limited to the following:
- Must have valid driver’s license
- High School diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Enjoys working in a team atmosphere
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Willing to work in the elements (hot or cool temperatures, depending on season)
- Detail oriented
- Experience in customer service preferred but not required
- Experience with sales and selling is a plus
- Well groomed, proper hygiene, professional presentation
- Example: Clothes clean and wrinkle free, hair brushed, teeth clean, daily shower
- Physically able to lift at least 25 pounds from a squatting position and able to stay on feet 8-10 hours per day
- Reliable transportation
- Pass a pre-employment screening
Starting wage for this position is $15.00/hr as an hourly employee.
All full-time employees receive benefits to care for themselves and their families. We offer competitive wages, great health and vacation benefits along with paid holidays.
- Individual Health Insurance Plans
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Wellness Incentives
- Opportunities to Positively Impact Local Community
- Workplace Chaplain Available
- Simple IRA Retirement Savings Plan
- Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly Bonus Program
- Employee Discounts on Services and Products
- FREE Car Washes
$600 RETENTION BONUS AVAILABLE!
Lucas Oil Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications, and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
REMINDER: You must fill out an application or submit a resume to be considered for any open position. We require a valid driver’s license with any position and proof of certification where needed.
APPLY ONLINE NOW EMAIL APPLICATION
GO BACK TO EMPLOYMENT BOARD